Sunday, March 31, 2013

Poison Ivy Cosplay :: Progress! :D

 So if your read my last post about the tights, you'll  know I'm going to Boston Comic Con in April. SO EKKTHITED!! I decided on Poison Ivy, because I *thought* that would be the least time consuming costume to make on such short notice. 

Wrong-o, Jordan, wrong-o. 


I bought a bunch of silk leaves at Dollar Tree and have spent the last week or so sewing these same said leaves onto the bodice I made. AND I AM STILL NOT DONE. I still have to sew leaves onto the bottom half of my costume. Thankfully, after that all I will have left is to spray paint some boots, which should be quick (hopefully) and make some gloves. Anddddd I am in charge of my husband's costume. Which I haven't quite started. Ehmahgoodness. I have tracked and strewn leaf bits to every corner of our apartment. I even found one in the shower this morning. O.O ANYWAY. Pictcha time!




This was an 'in-progress.' I still felt like I had spent my entire life on these leaves lol










If you're wondering why its on a pillow, well, that's because I lost my brain for a minute and made the bodice lining out of a knit. 'Knits would be awesome,' said Jordan's Brain, 'Stretchy and great for a form fitting body suit!'

Which is great until you cover every square inch of it with leaves. SO. I stuffed it with a pillow to try and hold its shape while I sewed the leaves on. Supah sexah pillow, right?? Hahaha 



Like I said, I've still got a little ways to go, but I was just excited with what was done so far! Yay for self validation through blogging! lol Oh dear.

Always!

1 comment:

  1. what did you use to create the bodice? just pantyhose?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...